NEMSA was formed in 1980 by enthusiastic breeders to publicise and promote the North of England Mule to both breeders and purchasers alike.
With circa 1,000 members and nine branches, it remains one of the UK’s biggest sheep breed associations in terms of numbers.
Constantly seeking to spread the word among breeders and users throughout the UK, NEMSA is pro-active in:
· Taking a presence and mounting live demonstrations at shows throughout the country, with particular emphasis on lowland areas.
· Supporting North of England Mule show classes at high profile shows such as the Royal Highland, Great Yorkshire, Royal Welsh and Thame Summer Sheep Fair ... plus many others at regional level.
· Widely publicising and promoting our annual sales of breeding stock at northern marts through press adverts and press releases.
· Publishing an annual Sales Booklet to assist buyers – a copy can be obtained from the secretary via our contact page.
· Our annual Mule News is an in-depth look at the work of the Association, with reports at both national and regional level, and interesting features on both breeders and users. You can read it via the link on our website or for a hard copy please contact the secretary.
· We are hands on, with many officers and members at both national and branch level actively contributing their time freely to help promote the breed at shows and events both nationally and regionally.
If you are interested in becoming a member please contact the Secretary.
It presently costs £10 per year for full membership which allows the members
to get a discount from their tags via Shearwell -
For only £5 you can become an Associate member which means you are kept up to date with all the Nemsa News and are posted a Mule News Annually. Email us for application forms - firstname.lastname@example.org